Dan Mertz Director of Risk Management
Dan has been the Director of Risk Management for the Medical Center since July 2007. In that role he supervises two attorneys and two nurse risk managers in all phases of clinical risk management. He also handles medical legal matters.
Dan has served in various roles over the last 20 years in the Medical Center legal department. He developed the hospitals worker’s compensation return to work program, managed policy develop, handled real estate matters, business development matters, physician employment issues, medical staff bylaws, HIPAA and privacy matters, human resources issues, and general contract matters. Prior to joining the Office of Legal Affairs Dan worked in private practice in Colorado for five years primarily representing financial institutions in real estate matters.
Areas of Primary Responsibility
- Provision of legal services
- Risk management
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Ohio Society of Healthcare Risk Managers
- The University of Akron J.D.
- The Ohio State University M.B.A.
- Kent State University B.S. in Business Administration