John F. Plant Associate General Counsel
John is a certified professional healthcare risk manager (CPHRM) and past president of the Ohio Society for Healthcare Risk Managers. John is responsible for advising Medical Center physicians, administrators and staff on medical legal issues and risk management concerns.
John previously served as a public defender in both Florida and Michigan. His experience includes juvenile, misdemeanor and felony trials including capital cases.
Areas of Primary Responsibility
- Provision of legal services
- Risk management
Bystander Medicine, Cabin Fever: Providing Care in the Air
Working with Advance Directives
LeaRNing Risk Management
Top Laws Every Risk Manager Should Know
Managing the Recall Process
Legal Issues Impacting Pathology
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Ohio Society of Healthcare Risk Managers
- Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys
- State Bar of Michigan
- The Florida Bar
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School J.D.
- Florida State University B.S. in Economics